Unfiled Taxes in San Jose

Jan 4, 2016 | Blog

San Jose Unfiled Taxes

Businesses and individuals who have unfiled taxes in California may be nervous about what to expect from their upcoming dealings with the tax-man. We see some clients who delayed seeking help for their tax problems in San Jose simply because they had lost important financial records. Others neglect to file taxes because they have had a financial setback like a divorce or a decline in business. Some folks we meet are reluctant to file because they fear the consequences that may await them.

Whatever the reason may be for your unfiled taxes in California, in most cases we can help you to get back on the track. We have the necessary expertise to help you recreate years of past tax returns, while aiming to minimizing the amount that you’ll owe.

I haven’t filed in a long time and nothing has happened. Will the IRS eventually catch up with me?

Generally it’s getting easier than ever for the IRS to find out who has and has not filed their taxes. In fact, the IRS works with many states, and they check state records to see if you have filed your taxes or not. Modern technology has allowed the IRS to update their systems to check for filing requirement.

I am going to file eventually, but I’m too busy right now. How long can I wait to file?

A lot of tax attorneys in San Jose utilize high pressure sales techniques and scare tactics to try and convince you that you need their services. While you won’t find those unscrupulous techniques from our San Jose tax lawyers, we do recommend that you seek our help for your unfiled taxes as soon as possible.  If the IRS has record that you earned income, but did not file a return, they will likely file a substitute tax return on your behalf.  As you can imagine, the return they file will not include any of your deductions and will ultimately result in a much higher tax bill than you would be responsible for if Tax Helpers were to file a proper return for you.

The government has already filed a return on my behalf. What can I do?

If the government already has filed a return on your behalf; don’t worry. We can help you with that too! Tax Helpers will prepare your taxes properly and make sure that the return that was filed by the government on your behalf is reconsidered. This process may lower the amount you owe.

If you have unfiled tax returns in San Jose, Tax Helpers is here to help. We have tax attorneys in San Jose, San Francisco, San Mateo and Walnut Creek standing by waiting to help you. Call us today for a free consultation 1-866-TAX-TAX-5.